The Dutch legal entity Foundation Care For All (“FCFA”) has been established in 2006. Within a short timeframe, its Nepali partner-organisation Care For All-Nepal (“CFA-Nepal”) has been established in Nepal. The founders of both organisations, Mr. Jelle Wouters (a Dutch student antropology) and Mr. Sthaneshor Adhikari (a Nepali lawyer) had already worked together in a different capacity and, sharing similar ideas about social work, they decided to join hands together.
The construction of two classrooms in a remote hill-village counted as the first project. Over the years we have been able to extend our projects to various parts of Nepal. Having developed an expertise on the educational sector in Nepal, our prime focus today is the following:
- the construction of classrooms
- the organisation of teacher-trainings
- the selection and appointment of additional teachers
- Women Literacy Projects
- the grant of a scholarship for talented yet socio-economic impoverished Nepalese students
- the further organisation of projects regarding education and sanitation
The partnership between FCFA and CFA-Nepal resulted in the successful construction of 8 new schools. As such, a difference has been made for more than 1000 local children.
In the year 2008 CFA-Nepal opened a small office in Pokhara. Projects are coordinated from this office and as well it serves as a meeting place for all stakeholders of the projects.